Philips Consumer Electronics
Category: Beijing Philips Audio/video Corporation
Service Profile DVD761K
1.1 GENERAL INTRODUCTION
* DVD761K is designed and manufactured in BPAVC (Beijing Philips Audio/Video Corporation) China.
Producing started at 2001/1/8.
* The loader and servo board are integrated unit importing from Panasonic. So it can't performance
component level repair. It should be treated as one unit.
* MPEG board is designed by C-CUBE, both software and hardware, we did the part of customer interface.
Although we provide the theory introduction, but we recommended you to change the whole board after
soldering concerning pins.
1.2 INTRODUCING COUNTRIES
Dubai (middle east Asia)
Australia and New Zealand
1.3 QUANTITIES AND FIRST SHIPMENT DATES PER COUNTRY
* Disc types capability: DVD, VCD, CD, MP3. CD-R and CD-RW are not available.
* Video output: CBAV, S-video, Y/Cr/Cb.
* Audio output: Stereo L/R, 6-channels audio output for home cinema system; digital audio output
include optical and coaxial port.
2.2 EXPLANATION OF NEW COMMERCIAL FEATURES
What we called LLM (Language learning machine) and KLM (Karaoke Learning Machine) provide you several
methods of recording and repeating your reading for the language study.
PCS 103 130
3. ARCHITECTURE AND CHARACTERISTICS
3.1 DESCRIPTION OF THE ARCHITECTURE
3.1.1 Architecture of the DVD761
The DVD761 is combined with the following boards:
* MPEG Board.
* Loader unit with SERVO Board
* FRONT Board
* AV Board
* MIC Board
* POWER Board
MPEG board is the most complicated board designed by C-CUBE both in software and hardware. We did the
PCB lay out and EMC (Electric Magnetism Compatible) work. The main decoder chip is ZIVA4.2 which
developed by C-CUBE.
Loader unit is developed by Panasonic, they do not open the technology to us, all I can get for use
is a schematic diagram, (other references is written in Japanese, I don't know Japanese.) So this unit
can't be repaired, we can only replace it.
Front board, MIC board and AV board are all designed and manufactured in BPAVC, so we can provide
fully technical support. Please refer to the <DVD761K service training>.
Power board uses the type STEP-2A which is used in DVD955, it has been studied for long time, please
refer to DVD955 service menu for details. (12NC: 4840 785 10090)
3.2 EXPECTED FIELD CALL RATE
PCS 103 130