Introduce the lesson, including the learning objectives, estimated time to complete, and applicable
This lesson describes the HeartStart MRx's IntelliVue Networking Option.
Upon completion of this lesson, students should be able to:
1. Identify IntelliVue Networking display data.
2. Identify how to connect the MRx to the IntelliVue Network.
3. Admit, discharge, and transfer patients to or from the Philips IntelliVue Information Center.
4. Share information and data with the Information Center.
• Access to the Philips IntelliVue Information Center
• Connectivity to the Philips IntelliVue M3185 Clinical Network (System J or higher in US; System
K or higher outside of US)
• IntelliVue Network LAN cable and/or Philips'
Note: Given the above requirements, it may not be easy to teach this option. Consider teaching on a
nursing unit when the MRx can be tuned into an available wave sector on the Information Center.
• IntelliVue M3150 Information Center Instructions for Use
• HeartStart MRx Instructions for Use
(See the 'IntelliVue Networking Problems' table in the Troubleshooting chapter for problems and
solutions associated with the IntelliVue Networking option.)
Instrument Telemetry 1.4 GHz radio and A/C module