• When you charge the battery pack for
the first time, or after prolonged
storage, charge it for about 24 hours
to bring the battery up to full capacity.
1. Plug the charger into the AC outlet.
• Sparks may be produced when the
plug is inserted into the AC power
supply, but this is not a problem in
terms of safety.
2. Insert the battery pack firmly into the
3. During charging, the charging lamp will
When charging is completed, an internal
electronic switch will automatically be
triggered to prevent overcharging.
• Charging will not start if the battery pack
is too warm (for example, immediately
after heavy-duty operation).
The charging lamp will be red flashing
until the battery cools down. Charging
will then begin automatically.
4. When charging is completed, the charging
lamp will start flashing quickly.
5. If the charging lamp does not light
immediately after the charger is plugged
in, or if after the standard charging time
the lamp does not go off, consult an
• When charging a cool battery pack
(below 5°C (41°F)) in a warm place,
Ieave the battery pack at the place
and wait for more than one hour to
warm up the battery to the level of the
Otherwise battery pack may not be
• Cool down the charger when charging
• Do not insert your fingers into contact
hole, when holding charger or any
• Do not use power source from an
• Do not cover vent holes on the charger.
• Do not use the battery adapter EY0890
with battery charger EY0005.
— 4 —
Red Flashing quickly
This chart may include models that are not available in your area.
Please refer to the catalogue.
CAUTION: • Do not use the battery adapter EY0890 with battery charger EY0005.
• Do not charge other Panasonic battery packs except for the battery packs as
Charger is plugged into the AC outlet.
Ready to charge.
Battery pack is warm. Charging will begin
when temperature of battery pack drops.
Charging is not possible. Clogged with
dust or malfunction of the battery pack.
Charging is completed.
See the rating plate on the bottom of the charger.
0.70 kg,(1.54 lbs.)
— 5 —