Should any problem occur with the unit, make the following
checks to determine whether or not servicing is required. If the
problem persists, consult your nearest Sony dealer.
The reception is unstable and contains noise.
• The batteries may be weak. Replace with new ones.
• Reception may be poor when there are obstructions such as
buildings, etc, or when listening to the radio inside a moving
vehicle. Move to another location free of obstacles for optimum
reception conditions, or listen to the radio near the window of the
The desired preset station is not received when
the corresponding Function button is pressed.
• Make sure you have pressed the correct Function button.
FM multiplex reception is not possible.
• Make sure the headphones are connected.
• Make sure the radio station which you are listening to offers FM
• Make sure the DATA indication is on.
Operation is not possible when a button is
Press the RESET button on the back of the unit with a thin pointed
object. All preset stations and information that have been saved
will be erased. In this case, preset the stations again.