Congratulations on your purchase of Raymarine's Ray48 marine radiotelephone.
The Ray48 is a CPU-controlled, digitally synthesized, compact transceiver which provides
reliable simplex and half-duplex (two-frequency) communications between ships and from
ships at sea to public or private shore stations. The Ray48 provides two-way
communications on the International and US channels, reception on 10 separate weather
channels, and two-way communications on the International calling and safety channel (16).
This manual describes the physical and functional characteristics of the radiotelephone.
1.2 EQUIPMENT FEATURES
The Ray48 is designed and manufactured to provide ease of operation with excellent
reliability. The important built-in features of the equipment are listed below.
• Submersible to IPX7 standard
• All solid-state circuitry for low current drain and maximum reliability.
• Series diode protection on input power circuits to prevent reverse polarity damage
• High-performance receiver section with optimum selectivity
• 54 channel transmit and 93 channel receive capability within the assigned VHF-FM
• Exclusive circuit that automatically selects 16/9 (priority) channel when the radio is
• Exclusive weather alert feature (when in monitor mode).
• Selected channel number indicated on the LCD digital display.
• Key entries for "Quick" 16 PLUS, and 10 weather channels WX0 through WX9.
• All-Scan and Memory Scan features.