Installing the Module
(1) How to install the module
The precautions when a master/local module is handled from the time it is unpacked until it is installed are
described on this page. For more details on the module installation, refer to the following.
User's manual for the CPU module used (hardware design, maintenance and inspection)
(2) Handling precautions
The following are the precautions for when a master/local module is handled.
• Do not drop or apply strong shock to the module case and terminal block since it is made from resin.
• Do not remove the printed-circuit board of each module from its case. Doing so may cause a failure in the
• Prevent foreign matter such as dust or wire chips from entering the module. Such foreign matter can cause a
fire, failure, or malfunction.
• A protective film is attached to the top of the module to prevent foreign matter, such as wire chips, from
entering the module during wiring. Do not remove the film during wiring. Remove it for heat dissipation
before system operation.
• Solderless terminals with insulation sleeves cannot be used for the terminal block. It is recommended to
cover the connecting sections of the solderless terminals with a marking tube or insulation tube.
• Before handling the module, touch a grounded metal object to discharge the static electricity from the human
body. Failure to do so may cause the module to fail or malfunction.
• To mount the module on the base unit, fully insert the module fixing latch into the fixing hole in the base unit
and press the module using the hole as a fulcrum. Incorrect mounting may cause malfunction, failure or drop
of the module.
• Tighten screws such as module fixing screws and terminal screws within the torque ranges listed below.
Module fixing screw (M3 screw)
Terminal block screw (M3 screw)
Terminal block mounting screw (M3.5 screw)
The module can be easily fixed on the base unit using the hook at the top of the module. Note, however, that it is
recommended to secure the module with module fixing screws under vibration.
• Before installing or removing the terminal block, power off the applicable station. If the terminal block is
installed or removed without turning off the power, normal data transmission is not guaranteed.
• Before removing the terminating resistors to change the CC-Link system, power off the system. If the
terminating resistors are removed or mounted without turning off the power, normal data transmission is not
INSTALLATION AND WIRING
CHAPTER 6 INSTALLATION AND WIRING
Tightening torque range
0.36 to 0.48 N•m
0.42 to 0.58 N•m
0.66 to 0.89 N•m