Replacing the Interface Cable
The standard interface cable is attached to the scanner with an 10-pin modular
connector. When properly seated, the connector is held in the 3200 linear
imager's handle by a flexible retention tab. The interface cable is designed to be
• Order replacement cables from an authorized distributor.
• When ordering a replacement cable, specify either the 6 ft. USB cable (p/n
AMCBC000800DAR0) or the 6 ft. keyboard wedge cable (p/n
To Replace the 3200 Linear Imager's Interface Cable:
1. Turn the power to the host system
2. Disconnect the scanner's cable from
the terminal or computer.
3. Locate the small hole on the bottom of
the scanner's handle. This is the
4. Straighten one end of a paper clip.
5. Insert the end of the paper clip into the
small hole and press in. This
depresses the retention tab, releasing
the connector. Pull the connector out
while maintaining pressure on the
paper clip, then remove the paper clip.
6. Replace with the new cable.
Insert the connector into the opening
and press firmly. The connector is
keyed to go in only one way, and will click into place.
The scanner automatically performs self-tests whenever you turn it on. If your
scanner is not functioning properly, review the following Troubleshooting Guide
to try to isolate the problem.
Is the power on? Is the red aiming illumination line on?
If the red aiming illumination line isn't illuminated, check that:
• The cable is connected properly.
• The host system power is on (if external power isn't used).
• The trigger works.
11 - 2
3200 User's Guide