3.2 SIMATIC RF300
ISO15693 is only possible with MLFB 6GT2801-xxBxx readers.
The RF310R, RF340R and RF380R readers are equipped with an integral antenna, whereas
the RF350R reader is operated over an external antenna. In this system manual, the term
"Reader" is used throughout even where it is actually referring to the antenna of the reader.
Application areas of RF300
SIMATIC RF300 is primarily used for non-contact identification of containers, palettes and
workpiece holders in a closed production circuit. The data carriers (transponders) remain in
the production chain and are not supplied with the products. SIMATIC RF300, with its
compact transponder and reader enclosure dimensions, is particularly suitable in confined
● Mechanical engineering, automation systems, conveyor systems
● Ancillary assembly lines in the automotive industry, component suppliers
● Small assembly lines
● Production lines for engines, gearboxes, axles, etc.
● Assembly lines for ABS systems, airbags, brake systems, doors, cockpits, etc.
● Assembly lines for household electrical appliances, consumer electronics and electronic
● Assembly lines for PCs, small-power motors, contactors, switches
● Reading and writing of large data volumes within a short time results in shorter production
● Can be used in harsh environments thanks to rugged components with high degree of
● Simple and low-cost system integration into SIMATIC S7 and PROFIBUS (TIA)
● Shorter commissioning times and fewer plant failures and downtimes thanks to integral
● Cost savings thanks to maintenance-free components
cycle times and thus help to boost productivity
System Manual, 01/2009, A5E01642529-03