VCM II Customer Flight Recorder Operator's Manual
2. Press Tick to continue.
IDS will establish communication with VCM II and perform the following:
If unsaved recordings are found on the VCM II, the user will be prompted to select
Upload/Playback to save these recordings or the user can select Tick to continue with the
Setup and NOT save the recordings.
If a later version of VCM II - CFR software is available, IDS will prompt the user to install
the latest application on the VCM II.
3. Select vehicle system or module to record data from.
5. Press Tick to continue.
6. Select parameters (see Parameter Selection- Figure 3.0).
7. Select parameter settings (see Recording Time Setup and Trigger Setup – figure 4.0).
8. Press Tick to continue.
9. The VCM II - CFR Download confirmation pop-up displays a summary of configuration settings.
10. Press Tick to begin download process (see Download to VCM II – CFR – Figure 6.0).
The CFR application, installed on the VCM II, will start after download process has
The VCM II will continue to function as a CFR until either of the following occur:
a) Reconnect the VCM II to IDS, using the provided USB Cable, and select Upload from
the IDS menu. (See VCM II - CFR Upload).
- 8 -