A defective electrical earth (ground) connection to any equipment may cause an electric shock hazard. This
hazard may pass through the signal cabling and to any other equipment interconnected. It is recommended
that you check electrical wiring at frequent intervals and whenever alterations are made. As a part of safety
requirements, the manufacturer is required to define the intended operating environment.
DO keep the VCM II - CFR away from devices that generate radio interference.
NOTICE: Do ensure the VCM II - CFR is not subjected to extreme temperature or prolonged
exposure to direct sunlight that may cause heating of the VCM II - CFR.
NOTICE: If any liquid is spilled on this equipment remove the power immediately and ensure that it
is dried out completely before restoring power.
The following warnings must be observed when using the VCM II - CFR:
WARNING: Failure to follow these instructions will increase the risk of personal injury.
1. Read all instructions.
2. Care must be taken as burns can occur from touching hot parts or surfaces.
3. DO NOT operate equipment if damage to unit or cord is suspected.
4. DO NOT let cables hang over edge of table, bench or counter or come in contact with hot
manifolds or moving fan blades.
5. DO NOT place tools or test equipment on vehicle fenders or other places inside the engine
6. Let equipment cool completely before putting away. Loop cables loosely around equipment when
7. Adequate ventilation should be provided when working on operating internal combustion engines.
8. Keep hair, loose clothing, jewelry, fingers and all parts of body away from moving parts of the
9. Use this equipment only as described in the manual. Use only manufacturer's recommended
10. ALWAYS WEAR SAFETY GLASSES WHEN USING GARAGE EQUIPMENT. Everyday
eyeglasses only have impact resistant lenses, they are NOT safety glasses.
VCM II Customer Flight Recorder Operator's Manual
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
- 6 -