Figures and illustrations in this User Manual are provided for reference only and may differ from actual product
appearance. Product design and specifications may be changed without notice.
This TV is provided with interactive functionality through a set-back box (SBB/STB) connected to the TV, and with other TVs in a computer-
controlled system for hotels and other hospitality businesses.
Interactive: When the TV is powered-up initially, it sends a command to identify the SBB/STB; if identified, the TV switches to ONLINE mode
and full control is through the SBB/STB.
If the TV is in ONLINE mode, it stops receiving IR(Samsung remote) commands and acts according to interface protocol.
Stand-Alone: If SBB/STB is not identified, the TV should be switched to STAND-ALONE mode with restricted operation.
When this TV (in Hotel mode) is operated with a SBB/STB, it is in one of two states :
• ONLINE or STAND-ALONE. In the STAND-ALONE state, the TV will act as a Hotel TV, but without active communication. This is to prevent
guests from trying to cheat the system by disconnecting the SBB/STB.
Hotel Mode On
To set the details for Stand-alone or interactive mode, refer to pages 23-32 (Setting the hotel option data : Stand-alone mode and
• Some operations may be restricted to prevents guests from "cheating" the TV system.
• No main menu(Interactive mode) or Channel Menu, Plug & Play in Main Menu (Stand-Alone mode)
• Limited Volume and Panel key lock or unlock
Avoid displaying still images (like jpeg picture files) or still image element (like TV Program logo, panorama or 4:3 image format, stock or
news bar at screen bottom etc.) on the screen. Constant displaying of still picture can cause uneven wear of screen phosphor, which will
affect image quality. To reduce risk of this effect, please follow below recommendations:
• Avoid displaying the same TV channel for long periods.
• Always try do display any image on full screen, use TV set picture format menu for best possible match.
• Reduce brightness and contrast values to minimum required to achieve desired picture quality, exceeded values may speed up the
• Frequently use all TV features designed to reduce image retention and screen burnout. Refer to the relevant user manual section for
Keep required distances between the product and other objects (e.g. walls) to ensure proper ventilation.
Failing to do so may result in fire or a problem with the product due to an increase in the internal temperature.
• When using a stand or wall-mount, use parts provided by Samsung Electronics only.
‒ Using parts provided by another manufacturer may result in a problem with the product or injuries due to the product falling.
• The appearance may differ, depending on the product.
Installation with a stand.
Still image warning
Securing the Installation Space
SBB/STB Online if
one success within
Installation with a wall-mount.
Attempt every 2secs
Poll Rate 20/sec