5. Enter your old password in the uppermost text box.
6. Enter your new password in the following text box and repeat it in the lowest text box.
7. The "Copy RAM to ROM" option is active by default and ensures that the new password
for the know-how protection is permanently stored in the drive unit. If you only want to
change the password temporarily, you can deactivate this option.
8. Click "OK" to close the dialog box.
Once the password has been changed successfully, you will receive a confirmation.
Loading know-how protected data to the file system
Data with know-how protection can be directly loaded or saved to the file system from the drive
unit. The activated know-how protection ensures that the data cannot be forwarded to
unauthorized third parties.
The following applications are conceivable at the end user:
● Adaptations of encrypted SINAMICS data are required.
● The memory card is defective.
● The Control Unit of the drive is defective.
In these cases, the OEM can create a new encrypted subproject (for a drive object) via
STARTER. The serial number of a new memory card or a new Control Unit is saved in this
encrypted data record in advance.
Application example: Control Unit is defective
The Control Unit of an end user is defective. The machine manufacturer (OEM) has the end
user's STARTER project files of the machine.
1. The end user sends the OEM the serial numbers of the new Control Unit (r7758) and the
new memory card (r7843), and specifies the machine in which the Control Unit is installed.
2. The OEM loads the STARTER project data of the end user.
3. The OEM performs the STARTER function "Load to file system" (see Chapter Save data
to the file system (Page 43)).
– The OEM specifies whether the data is to be stored zipped or unzipped.
– The OEM makes the required know-how protection settings.
4. The OEM sends the stored data to the end user (e.g. by e-mail).
Configuration Manual, 08/2017, A5E36912609A
Security measures for SINAMICS
5.2 Write protection and know-how protection