Requirements for communication
Check the communication settings using the following questions. If you answer "Yes" to the
questions, you have correctly set the communication settings and can control the drive via the
● Is the drive correctly connected to the EtherNet/IP?
● Has a generic module been created in your control system?
● Have the bus interface and IP address been correctly set?
● Have the signals that the drive and the control system exchange been correctly
Make the communication settings
Make the following settings for the CBE20 in order to communicate with a higher-level control
1. With p8835 = 4, set the firmware version "EtherNet/IP".
2. Set the IP address using p8941.
You can find the currently valid address in r8951.
3. Set the subnet mask using p8943.
You can find the currently valid subnet mask in r8953.
4. Set the standard gateway using p8942.
You can find the currently valid standard gateway in r8952.
5. Set the station name using p8940.
You can find the currently valid station name in r8950.
6. Select the setting "Save and activate configuration" as interface configuration using
p8945 = 2.
7. Save the data using command "Copy RAM to ROM".
Then switch off the drive power supply.
8. Carry out a POWER ON (switch off the Control Unit and switch on again).
Wait until all LEDs on the drive are dark before switching on. Your settings become active
after switching on.
You have configured the drive for communication via Ethernet/IP.
Configuration Manual, 08/2017, A5E36912609A