ead all the instructions carefully before
using the unit and keep them for future
• Retain the manual. If you pass the unit
onto a third party make sure to include this
• Check that the voltage marked on the
rating label matches your mains voltage.
• Please inspect the unit for damage after
• Do not continue to operate the unit if you
are in any doubt about it working normally,
or if it is damaged in any way - switch off,
withdraw the mains plug and consult your
Location of Unit
• The unit must be placed on a flat stable
surface and should not be subjected to
• Do not place the unit on sloped or unstable
surfaces as the unit may fall off or tip over.
• The mains socket must be located near the
unit and should be easily accessible.
• Avoid extreme degrees of temperature,
either hot or cold. Place the unit well away
from heat sources such as radiators or gas/
• Avoid exposure to direct sunlight and other
sources of heat.
• Never place any type of candle or naked
flame on the top of or near the unit.
• To reduce the risk of fire, electric shock or
product damage, do not expose this unit
to rain, moisture, dripping or splashing. No
objects filled with liquids, such as vases,
should be placed on the unit.
• If you spill any liquid into the unit, it can
cause serious damage. Switch it off at the
mains immediately. Withdraw the mains
plug and consult your dealer.
• To prevent the risk of electric shock or
fire hazard due to overheating, ensure
that curtains and other materials do not
obstruct the ventilation vents.
• Do not install or place this unit in a
bookcase, built-in cabinet or in another
confined space. Ensure the unit is well
• Always disconnect the unit from the mains
supply before connecting/ disconnecting
other devices or moving the unit.
• Unplug the unit from the mains socket
before a lightning storm.
• Make sure the unit or the unit stand is not
resting on top of the mains adapter cable,
as the weight of the unit may damage the
cable and create a safety hazard.
• Do not place the unit on or near appliances
which may cause electromagnetic
interference. If you do, it may adversely
affect the operating performance of the
unit, and cause a distorted picture or sound.
• Children should be supervised to ensure
that they do not play with the unit and the
• Never let anyone especially children push
anything into the holes, slots or any other
openings in the case - this could result in a
fatal electric shock.
RISK OF ELECTRIC SHOCK
DO NOT OPEN
The lightning flash with arrowhead
symbol, within an equilateral triangle,
is intended to alert the user to the
presence of uninsulated "dangerous
voltage" within the unit's enclosure
that may be of sufficient magnitude to
constitute a risk of elec tric shock.
The exclamation point within an
equilateral triangle is intended to
alert the user to the presence of
important operating and maintenance
(servicing) instructions in the manual
accompanying the unit.
• To reduce the risk of electric shock, do not
remove screws. The unit does not contain
any user-serviceable parts. Please leave all
maintenance work to qualified personnel.
• Do not open any fixed covers as this may
expose dangerous voltages.
• Ensure the unit is fully unplugged from the
power supply before cleaning.
• Do not use any type of abrasive pad or
abrasive cleaning solutions as these may
damage the unit's surface.
• Do not use liquids to clean the unit.