4. Spray them with cavicide, then rinse them with hot water and then spray them with alcohol. Leave them
on clean diaper to dry
5. While cleaning, spray the counters, mouse and keyboard with cavicide
6. After the bleach has finished running there is a 2 minute probe wash
7. Select the Di water clean
8. Manually push back the aspirator under the bulk injection chamber so that the inside of the chamber can
be cleaned. Carefully clean the walls of the bulk injection chamber with a cotton swab wrapped with a
cavicide soaked kimwipe.
9. Wipe the sort collection area with a cavicide wipe. Do NOT wipe the plates with cavicide.
9. Shut Down
1. If the last user, from the Cytometer tab (a), select Hardware and Software Shutdown (b). The cleaning wizard will
start. Prepare a 15 ml tube with 12 ml of 10% bleach. Place on tube holder and proceed with cleaning. This will take
6 minutes, and approximately 7 ml of bleach will be run through the sample tubing and chip.
2. After the bleach cleaning is finished, you will be prompted to prepare a 15 ml tube with 12 ml of Di water. Place the
tube on the holder, and proceed with the rinse. This will take another 6 minutes
3. Select Shutdown to power down the instrument and
you will also be logged out of the software.
4. Vent the sheath tank
be vented after the air line is turned off (lift air
vent and turn to leave it open).
Aerosol Containment System for BSL-2 Samples
When sorting human material, or other potentially hazardous samples, the Aerosol Management System must be used.
The sort door must be closed when you are actively sorting.
The power strip on the desktop turns the aerosol management system on and off.
The units should not be turned off manually using either power button on the unit itself.
If it has been manually turned off, ensure the main power button at the back of the evacuator is on and then press the
POWER button on the membrane panel of the evacuator.
When using the aerosol management system:
1. Ensure that the suction control rate is set to 20%. (Do not set the suction control rate above 20%, higher rates
could affect the stability of the side streams.)
2. Verify that the filter flow gauge reads less than 2.4 inches.
3. Sort as usual, keeping the sort collection chamber door closed while samples are running.
4. If a clog occurs turn up the suction to 100% on the unit immediately. You must turn up % suction to evacuate
aerosols for several minutes before opening sort chamber!
5. Remember to turn the suction
6. Remember to turn off power to aerosol management on power strip. The filters are very expensive!!
FAILURE TO DO SO WILL RESULT IN THE PURCHASE OF A NEW FILTER ($200) WHICH WILL
BE BILLED TO YOUR ACCOUNT!!!
Please pick only ONE dye per column.
FL1 FL2 FL3 FL4 FL5 FL6
Brilliant Violet 421
Alexa Fluor 405
. The sheath tank should also
before you resume sorting or it will affect sort streams.