LOGO! installation and wiring
2.4 Putting into operation
For the detailed description of the LOGO! modem cable, see the Product Information
supplied with your LOGO! modem cable.
The modems used must fulfill the following requirements:
Ability to transmit 11-bit bytes (8 data bits, 1 stop bit, 1 even parity bit)
Ability to supply standard AT commands or commands that function as standard AT
The modem connected with the LOGO! modem cable must be able to supply at least 5 mA
current through Pin 1 of its RS232 interface.
Putting into operation
Switching the LOGO!/Power On
LOGO! does not have a power switch. The reaction of LOGO! during startup depends on the
● Whether a circuit program is stored in LOGO!
● Whether a memory card or combined memory/battery card is inserted
● Whether this is a LOGO! version without display unit (LOGO!...o)
● The status of LOGO! at the time of power failure.
To ensure that the expansion module on LOGO! changes to RUN mode, check the following:
● Has the sliding contact between LOGO! and the expansion module snapped into place
● Is the power supply connected to the expansion module?
● In addition, always ensure that you switch on the power supply to the expansion module
first before activating the power supply to the LOGO! Base Module (or activate both
power supplies at the same time); if you do not do this, the system does not detect the
expansion module when you start up the LOGO! Base Module.
The following illustration shows all possible reactions of LOGO!:
Manual, 10/2017, A5E01248535-AA