For European countries only
EC Declaration of Conformity
manufacturer declare that the following Makita
Designation of Machine:
Slide Compound Miter Saw
Model No./ Type: LS1216, LS1216L, LS1216F,
are of series production and
Conforms to the following European Directives:
And are manufactured in accordance with the following
standards or standardised documents:
The technical documentation is kept by our authorised
representative in Europe who is:
Makita International Europe Ltd.
Michigan Drive, Tongwell,
Milton Keynes, Bucks MK15 8JD, England
20. 1. 2010
Anjo, Aichi, 446-8502, JAPAN
General Power Tool Safety
WARNING Read all safety warnings and all
instructions. Failure to follow the warnings and
instructions may result in electric shock, fire and/or
Save all warnings and instructions for
ADDITIONAL SAFETY RULES
Wear eye protection.
Keep hands out of path of saw blade. Avoid
contact with any coasting blade. It can still
cause severe injury.
Do not operate saw without guards in place.
Check blade guard for proper closing before
each use. Do not operate saw if blade guard
does not move freely and close instantly.
Never clamp or tie the blade guard into the
Do not perform any operation freehand. The
workpiece must be secured firmly against the turn
base and guide fence with the vise during all
operations. Never use your hand to secure the
Never reach around saw blade.
Turn off tool and wait for saw blade to stop
Always secure all moving portions before
carrying the tool.
Stopper pin which locks the cutter head down
is for carrying and storage purposes only and
not for any cutting operations.
10. Do not use the tool in the presence of
flammable liquids or gases. The electrical
operation of the tool could create an explosion and
fire when exposed to flammable liquids or gases.
Check the blade carefully for cracks or
damage before operation.
12. Use only flanges specified for this tool.
13. Be careful not to damage the arbor, flanges
(especially the installing surface) or bolt.
Damage to these parts could result in blade
14. Make sure that the turn base is properly
secured so it will not move during operation.
15. For your safety, remove the chips, small pieces,
etc. from the table top before operation.
16. Avoid cutting nails. Inspect for and remove all
nails from the workpiece before operation.
17. Make sure the shaft lock is released before
the switch is turned on.
18. Be sure that the blade does not contact the
turn base in the lowest position.
19. Hold the handle firmly. Be aware that the saw
moves up or down slightly during start-up and
20. Make sure the blade is not contacting the
workpiece before the switch is turned on.
21. Before using the tool on an actual workpiece,
let it run for a while. Watch for vibration or
wobbling that could indicate poor installation
or a poorly balanced blade.
22. Wait until the blade attains full speed before
23. Stop operation immediately if you notice
24. Do not attempt to lock the trigger in the on
25. Be alert at all times, especially during
repetitive, monotonous operations. Do not be
lulled into a false sense of security. Blades
are extremely unforgiving.