This product requires proper operation, planned maintenance, and checks that the user must perform
routinely. These tasks are essential to keep the product operating safely, effectively, and reliably.
Maintenance of the system by persons without appropriate training, or using unapproved spare
parts, accessories, or detachable parts, may void the manufacturer's warranty. Such maintenance
carries serious risk of personal injury and damage to the system.
Clinical application is not allowed during preventive maintenance and service.
NOTE The assembly of medical electrical systems and modifications during the actual service life,
14.1 Cleaning and Disinfecting
Insufficient cleaning of residues that remain on the equipment after procedures may lead to patient
infection from polluted parts. Ensure that the system is thoroughly and extensively cleaned after each
When cleaning and disinfecting the system, follow these general guidelines:
• Use sterile covers to prevent pollution or contamination of the equipment.
• Do not allow liquids to enter the system. This may cause corrosion or electrical damage.
• Do not apply cleaning liquid or spray directly onto the system. Always use a cloth dampened with
the cleaning product.
• Switch the system off prior to cleaning and disinfecting to avoid electric shock or accidental
activation of X-ray. Be aware that even when the system is switched off, live voltages may still be
present on some interfaces.
• The patient straps and ratchet compressor band should be laundered instead of subjected to
• Do not use corrosive or abrasive agents or pads.
• Some cleaning agents or disinfection agents may cause discoloration.
• When cleaning scratched or worn painted surfaces, it is to be expected that some additional paint is
• Before cleaning the mattress, close the air plug to prevent liquids from entering. After cleaning the
mattress, open the air plug to allow the mattress to expand and contract properly when the patient
is positioned on it.
NOTE You should always comply with local instructions, regulations, and guidelines concerning
These cleaning and disinfecting instructions only apply to the X-ray system and do not apply to other
equipment in the room. Cleaning instructions for other equipment are described in the accompanying
documents of the equipment. If cleaning or disinfecting is needed at the interface of third-party
equipment with the X-ray system, dismount the equipment before cleaning or disinfecting. You should
also dismount third-party equipment if you need to clean or disinfect it with agents that are not
compatible with the X-ray system.
NOTE Always follow the manufacturer's instructions for the cleaning agents or disinfectants that
Azurion Release 1.2 Instructions for Use
require evaluation to the requirements of IEC 60601-1.
Cleaning and Disinfecting
Philips Healthcare 4522 203 52421