5. When you've stored all the known values, the HP-22S displays
SOL V I N G.
For some complicated calculations, the computation
may take several minutes. If
calculates an answer, it dis-
plays the labeled result.
If, for some reason,
is unable to find a solution, it displays an
appropriate message to help you diagnose the situation. If necessary,
refer to '"How
Works" on page 87, or to appendix B, for addi-
tional information about
The Syntax of Equations
Equations and expressions must follow certain syntax rules:
• Equation length is limited only by the amount of available memory.
• Equations can contain any of the 26 variables, A through
is no limit on how many times a particular variable appears in an
to enter exponential numbers.
• Equations can use any of the functions listed in the tables on pages
80 through 83. The arguments-the number(s) acted upon-are
enclosed in parentheses.
• Algebraic expressions are interpreted according to these operator
: (separating arguments in
Expressions inside parentheses
Functions (for example, SIN,
6: Evaluating and Solving Equations