1.4 User interface
Online help in SINUMERIK Operate
A comprehensive context-sensitive online help is stored in the control system.
● A brief description is provided for each window and, if required, step-by-step instructions
● A detailed help is provided in the editor for every entered G code. You can also display all
● A help page with all parameters is provided on the input screen in the cycle programming.
● Lists of the machine data
● Lists of the setting data
● Lists of the drive parameters
● List of all alarms
Calling context-sensitive online help
Calling a topic in the table of contents
for the operating sequences.
G functions and take over a selected command directly from the help into the editor.
You are in an arbitrary window of an operating area.
Press the <HELP> key or on an MF2 keyboard, the <F12> key.
The help page of the currently selected window is opened in a
Press the "Full screen" softkey to use the entire user interface for the
display of the online help.
Press the "Full screen" softkey again to return to the subscreen.
If further helps are offered for the function or associated topics, position
the cursor on the desired link and press the "Follow reference" softkey.
The selected help page is displayed.
Press the "Back to reference" softkey to jump back to the previous help.
Press the "Table of contents" softkey.
Depending on which technology you are using, the Operating Manuals
"Operator control Milling", "Operator control Turning" or "Operator
control Universal" as well as the "Programming" Programming Manual
Select the desired manual with the <Cursor down> and <Cursor up>
Operating Manual, 03/2013, 6FC5398-8CP40-3BA1