USB Software Upgrade Method
Samsung may offer upgrades to the TV's SW in the future. Please contact the Samsung Hospitality Hot line at 1-866-894-
0524 to receive information about downloading upgrades and using a USB drive to update the SW by connecting the USB
drive containing the upgrade to the USB port located on the TV.
When the software is upgraded, video and audio settings you have made will return to their default (factory) settings. We
recommend you clone the hospital settings so that you can easily reset them after the upgrade.
To upgrade the TV's software, follow these steps:
1. Insert a USB drive containing the SW upgrade into the
of the TV.
2. Press the
button to display the menu.
Press the ▲ or ▼ button to select Support, and then press the SelectE
3. Press the ▲ or ▼ button to select Software Update, and then press the
The message "Scanning for USB. This may take more than 1min." is
4. The message "Upgrade version XXXX to version XXXX? The system will be
reset after upgrade." is displayed.
Press the ◄ or ► to select OK, and then press the SelectE button.
Please be careful to not disconnect the power or remove the USB drive while upgrades are being applied. The TV will
turn off and turn on automatically after completing the SW upgrade. Please check the SW version after the upgrades are
y Samsung Soundbar(AirTrack) and Hospitality TVs in 2017
– Samsung Soundbar(AirTrack) and hospitality TVs support the HDMI ARC feature If you connect a compatible
Samsung Soundbar(AirTrack) to a compatible Samsung hospitality TV using a single HDMI cable, guests can
listen to the TV's sound through the Soundbar(AirTrack).
– The item of Soundbar(AirTrack) Out in Hospitality Option Menu makes you control to where the TV sound is
outputted when the TV is turned on.
If Sound bar Out is On, the TV sound is automatically outputted in the Soundbar(AirTrack) device only whenever
TV is turned on.
If Sound bar Out is Off, the TV sound is automatically outputted in the TV speaker only whenever TV is turned on.
– Models supporting the ARC function are listed below:
y Setting the Soundbar(AirTrack) to Hotel Mode.
1. Set the following Hotel menu options:
– Hotel Option > System > Sound Bar Out = On
– Hotel Option > Power On > Power On Volume = User Defined
– Hotel Option > Power On > Power On Volume Num > Set greater than 0
– Hotel Option > Power On > Max Volume > Set greater than 0
2. Connect an HDMI cable from the HDMI OUT jack on the back of the Soundbar(AirTrack) to the HDMI port
(supporting ARC) on the hospitality TV.
3. After the Soundbar(AirTrack) is connected to the hospitality TV, when the TV turns on, the Soundbar(AirTrack)
automatically detects the TV, and then automatically switches to Hotel Mode.
port on the side