LOWER CHUTE (See Figs. 7A & 7B)
Use Hardware - - GROUP "E"
1. Press weld nut into rubber latch and install two latch
hook assemblies to lower chute using screw, washer,
and lock washer nut as shown.
2. Tighten hardware securely.
3. Lower mower deck to its lowest cutting position.
NOTE: If equipped, remove mulch cover from mower deck
and store in a safe place.
4. With your right hand, raise and hold deﬂ ector shield in
5. With your left hand, hold lower chute as shown and
position lower rear edge of chute between gauge wheel
bracket tab and mower housing, then carefully release
deﬂ ector shield and hook rear latch to mower deck.
6. Raise deﬂ ector shield and align "B" on lower chute
extended edge with "B" on mower housing.
7. With your right hand, push ﬁ rmly on the lower chute
until the extended edge slides under the deﬂ ector shield
and along side the hinge bracket as shown.
8. With chute in proper position, hold the chute securely,
so it does not move, while hooking the front latch to
the mower deck.
NOTE: While hooking the latches, the deﬂ ector shield may
try to push the chute away from the mower deck opening.
It is important to hold the chute in position while hooking
the latches to the mower deck.
If your tractor is equipped with gage wheels on the
deck, then it will be necessary to hook the rear latch
into the hole in the R.H. gage wheel bracket.
CAUTION: Do not remove discharge
guard from mower. Raise and hold guard
when attaching lower chute and allow it
to rest on chute while in operation.
EXTENDED EDGE "B"
Must be under deﬂ ector shield
and along side the hinge bracket
PLACE LOWER REAR EDGE
BETWEEN GAUGE WHEEL
BRACKET TAB AND
MOWER HOUSING, THEN
HOOK REAR LATCH
ALIGN CHUTE "B"
WITH MOWER "B"