Open the connector cover and connect the camera and
the AC Adaptor (supplied), using the multi-use terminal
USB cable (supplied).
Connect the AC Adaptor to the wall outlet (wall socket).
The Power/Charge lamp lights orange, and charging starts.
• Turn off the camera while charging the battery.
• You can charge the battery pack even when it is partially charged.
• When the Power/Charge lamp flashes and charging is not finished,
remove and re-insert the battery pack.
• Close the cover securely, so that the yellow mark under the slide lock is hidden.
• When the Power/Charge lamp on the camera does not lit even if the AC Adaptor is
connected to the camera and the wall outlet (wall socket), it indicates that the
charging stops temporarily on standby. The charging stops and enters the standby
status automatically when the temperature is outside of the recommended
operating temperature. When the temperature gets back within the appropriate
range, the charging resumes. We recommend charging the battery pack in an
ambient temperature of between 10°C to 30°C (50ºF to 86ºF).
• Connect the AC Adaptor (supplied) to the nearest wall outlet (wall socket). If any
malfunctions occur while using the AC Adaptor, disconnect the plug from the wall
outlet (wall socket) immediately to disconnect the power source.
• When charging is finished, disconnect the AC Adaptor from the wall outlet (wall
• Be sure to use only genuine Sony brand battery packs, multi-use terminal USB
cable (supplied) and AC Adaptor (supplied).
Charging by connecting to a computer
The battery pack can be charged by connecting the camera to a computer using
a multi-use terminal USB cable.