Figure 5-25: Top Heater/Broiler Element
H 468x/H 478x
1. Remove the oven for service (Section 5.5).
2. Remove the front and rear cover plates (Sections 5.9 and 5.10).
3. Remove the cavity temperature sensor from its socket on the upper
4. Disconnect all electrical connections from the upper heater element.
5. Remove the two 8-millimeter nuts securing the upper heater element.
6. Remove the wing nut securing the top heater element to the ceiling of the
The upper heater element must not be bent beyond a 90° angle.
Do not use excessive force; otherwise, components on the oven cavity
back panel can be damaged.
7. Slide the heater element down and off the shaft on the cavity ceiling, then slide it
forward to remove.
Convection Heater Element (R14) Removal
1. Remove the door(s) (Section 5.2).
2. Remove the oven for service (Section 5.5).
3. Remove the oven cavity back panel (Section 5.22).
4. Remove the rear panel(s) (Sections 5.11 and 5.12).
5. Disconnect all electrical connections to the convection element.
6. Remove the screws securing the convection element to the inside of the
oven cavity (Figure 5-26, Item 1).
7. Remove the convection element.