Ensure that the wire does not contact the coated surfaced, or irreversible
damages to the surface can result.
3. Pull the door latch (Figure 5-18, Item 2) by moving the wire horizontally to
Figure 5-18: Door Latch Manual Release ("P" Models Only)
Upper Door Lock Motor and Switch Removal (P-Model
Double Ovens Only)
1. Remove the oven for service (Section 5.5).
2. Remove the upper rear panel (Section 5.11).
3. Unplug the electrical connections to the door lock motor (Figure 5-19, Item 3).
4. Remove the screws securing the door lock motor (Figure 5-19, Item 2).
Figure 5-19: Door Lock Motor Assembly
5. Loosen the Bowden cable retaining nut (Figure 5-20, Item 1).
6. Remove the Bowden cable from the mounting bracket.
When the cable tension is released, the oven door locks.