Press the Setup key and then the Monitor
key. On the Monitor Setup menu, select
The following menu items are available:
Expression MR400 Instructions for Use Getting Started 3‐21
HR Tone Source
Alarms controls the alarm sound (identical to and interactive with Alarm Sound in the
– Off turns off the alarm sound, as indicated by the alarm audio off symbol (see page 4‐
4). (Only the alarm sound will be disabled; visual alarm indications will continue.)
– On turns on the alarm sound, as indicated by the alarm audio armed symbol (see
page 4‐4). (Default)
HR Tone Source sets the source used for the heart rate tone (identical to and interactive
with same option in the ECG menu and SPO2 menu):
– Off removes the heartbeat detected symbol from the display and sounds no pulse
– QRS provides the heartbeat detected symbol and a tone triggered by the QRS
detection from the ECG vital sign.
provides the heartbeat detected symbol and a tone modulated by the SPO2
vital sign, where the lower the SPO2 value, the lower the pitch.
Alarm Volume sets the alarm sound level from 1–10. (Default = 4)
Pulse Volume sets the pulse sound level from 1–10. (Default = 4)
Click Tone controls an audio indication that is produced when an active area of the touch
screen is contacted:
– Off does not produce a click tone.
– On produces a click tone. (Default)
Click Volume sets the click tone sound level from 1–10. (Default = 4)