Factory Reset: Method 2
You should never use this method unless all other recovery methods have failed
and the computer is still completely unresponsive.
Before You Start
To Perform a Factory Reset for an Unresponsive computer
To perform a Factory Reset if the 75e is unresponsive and all other recovery
methods have failed:
1. Press and hold the Power button for approximately 8 seconds until the com-
2. When the Honeywell splash screen appears, press and hold the Power and
3. Verify "Recovery Mode" appears at the top of the screen.
4. Press the Power button to enter the advanced options screen.
5. Use the Volume down button to highlight Wipe data/factory reset.
6. Press the Power button.
7. After the reset is complete, press the Power button to reboot.
If you added a Google Account to the 75 Series computer, make sure you have
your Google username and password associated with the computer. If you do
not have the username and password, you will not be able to use the computer
after the reset. This is a security measure that prevents unauthorized users from
using the device if they try a factory reset.
If you did not add a Google Account to the computer, the extra security level is
not enabled and you will not need a Google username and password.
If you recently reset your Google Account password, wait 24 hours before
performing a Factory reset.
Connect the computer to an external power source or make sure you have a full
Make sure you have an Internet connection.
puter starts to reboot.
Volume down buttons until the Recovery screen appears.
If "Recovery Mode" does not appear, press either Volume button to move
through the options until "Recovery Mode" appears.
75 Series Mobile Computer User Guide