Chapter 1 Pre-Installation Considerations
Proper installation ensures the best possible performance and reliability of the MOTOTRBO
Repeater. Pre-installation planning is required. This includes considering the mounting location of
the repeater in relation to input power and antennas. Also consider the site environmental conditions,
the particular mounting method (several available), and required tools and equipment.
If this is the first time this type of equipment is being installed, it is highly recommended that the
• this entire installation section before beginning the actual installation, and
• the Motorola Quality Standard Fixed Network Equipment Installation manual, R56
(6881089E50), specifically refer to the information on ground connection for lightning
The following information is an overview for installing the MOTOTRBO Repeater and ancillary
• Plan the installation, paying particular attention to environmental conditions at the site,
ventilation requirements, and grounding and lightning protection.
• Unpack and inspect the equipment.
• Mechanical install the equipment at the site.
• Make necessary electrical and cabling connections, including the following:
- AC input cabling
- Coaxial cables to transmit and receive antennas
• Perform a post-installation function checkout test of the equipment to verify proper installation.
• Proceed to customize the repeater parameters per customer specifications (e.g. operating
frequency, PL, codes, color code, etc.).
Environmental Conditions at Intended Installation Site
The repeater may be installed in any location suitable for electronic communications equipment,
provided that the environmental conditions do not exceed the equipment specifications for
temperature, humidity, and air quality.
Operating Temperature Range
-30°C (-22°F) to +60°C (+140°F)
This is the temperature measured in close proximity to the repeater. For example, if the repeater is
mounted in a cabinet, the temperature within the cabinet is measured.
Humidity conditions should not exceed 95% relative humidity @ 50°C (122°F).
For equipment operating in an area which is environmentally controlled and with the repeater(s) rack
mounted, the airborne particle level must not exceed 25 µg/m³.