Important Safety Instructions
When using your telephone equipment, basic safety precautions should always be followed to
reduce the risk of fire, electric shock and injury to persons, including the following:
Read and understand all instructions.
Follow all warnings and instructions marked on the product.
Unplug this product from the wall outlet before cleaning. Do not use liquid cleaners or
aerosol cleaners. Use a damp cloth for cleaning.
Do not use this product near water, for example, near a bathtub, wash bowl, kitchen sink,
or laundry tub, in a wet basement, or near a swimming pool.
Do not place this product on an unstable cart, stand, or table. The product may fall,
causing serious damage to the product.
Slots and openings in the cabinet and the back or bottom are provided for ventilation; to
protect it from overheating, these openings must not be blocked or covered. The openings
should never be blocked by placing the product on a bed, sofa, rug, or other similar
surface. This product should never be placed near or over a radiator or other heat source.
This product should not be placed in a built-in installation unless proper ventilation is
This product should be operated only from the type of power source indicated on the
product label. If you are not sure of the type of power supply to your home, consult your
dealer or local power company.
This product is equipped with a 3-wire earthing type plug, a plug having a third (earthing)
pin. This plug will only fit into an earthing type power outlet. This is a safety feature. If you
are unable to insert the plug into the outlet, contact your electrician to replace your
obsolete outlet. Do not defeat the safety purpose of the earthing type plug.
Do not allow anything to rest on the power cord. Do not locate this product where the cord
will be abused by people walking on it.
Do not overload wall outlets and extension cords as this can result in the risk of fire or
Never push objects of any kind into this product through cabinet slots as they may touch
dangerous voltage points or short out parts that could result in a risk of fire or electric
shock. Never spill liquid of any kind on the product.
To reduce the risk of electric shock, do not disassemble this product, but take it to a
qualified person when some service or repair work is required. Opening or removing
covers may expose you to dangerous voltages or other risks. Incorrect reassembly can
cause electric shock when the appliance is subsequently used.
Unplug this product from the wall outlet and refer servicing to qualified service personnel
under the following conditions:
When the power supply cord or plug is damaged or frayed.
If liquid has been spilled into the product.
If the product has been exposed to rain or water.
If the product does not operate normally by following the operating instructions. Adjust
only those controls that are covered by the operating instructions because improper
adjustment of other controls may result in damage and will often require extensive
work by a qualified technician to restore the product to normal operation.
If the product has been dropped or the cabinet has been damaged.