Connect the ADSL Line and Telephone
• Use an RJ-11 cable to connect the wall phone jack to the
line-end of the splitter (see below illustration of splitter).
• Attach another RJ-11 cable to the splitter, the modem-end,
and connect the other end to the router port labeled ADSL.
• The final RJ-11 cable will be connected between the
phone-end of the splitter and the telephone.
NOTE: See connections on the installation diagram.
Connect the PC to the Router
• Connect one end of the RJ-45 cable to one of the 4 LAN
ports on the back of the router and the other end to the
Ethernet port of your computer.
• Attach any additional PCs to the router using RJ-45 cables
to the LAN ports on the back panel of the router.
Connect the Power Adapter
• Finish up by connecting the AC power adapter to the
POWER connector on the back of the router and plug the
adapter into a wall outlet or power strip.
• Turn on and boot up your PC and any LAN devices, such
as hubs or switches, and any computers connected to
ASUS 4-Port Ethernet Switch +
Wi-Fi Router (AAM6X20VI-F1)
Document #: BD-AU0011-12
Installing the Router