Section 2 - Hardware Installation
This chapter provides step-by-step instructions on how to install your D-Link Media Converter.
Before Installing the Media Converter
As with any electrical device, you should place the equipment where it will not be subjected to extreme temperatures, humidity, or electromagnetic
interference. Specifically, the site you select should meet the following requirements:
1. The ambient temperature should be between 0 to 40 °C (32 to 104 °F).
2. The environment's relative humidity should be less than 90%, non-condensing.
3. Surrounding electrical devices should not exceed the electromagnetic field (RFC) standards for IEC 801-3, Level 2 (3V/M) field strength.
4. Make sure that the equipment is receiving sufficient ventilation. Do not block the ventilation grates on each side of the converter or the fan
exhaust port on the side or rear of the equipment.
5. The power outlet should be within 1.8 meters of the converter.
D-Link Media Converter Series