■ REPLACING THE TONER CARTRIDGE
The machine uses four colors and has a different toner cartridge for each one: yellow (Y), magenta (M), cyan
(C), and black (K).
• The status LED and the toner-related message on the display indicates which each individual toner
cartridge should be replaced.
• For the Dell 2145cn, incoming faxes are saved in memory.
At this stage, the toner cartridge needs to be replaced. Check the type of toner cartridge for your machine.
1. Turn the machine off, then wait a few minutes for
the machine to cool.
2. Using the handle, completely open the front
3. Grasp the handles on the toner cartridge and
pull to remove the cartridge from the machine.
Alignment and Troubleshooting
4. Take a new toner cartridge out of its package.
5. Holding both handles on the toner cartridge,
thoroughly rock it from side to side to evenly
distribute the toner.
6. Place the toner cartridge on a ﬂat surface, as
shown, and remove the paper covering the toner
cartridge by removing the tape.