Instructions for Use (Printer Driver)
This printer driver is subject to the following restrictions. Keep the following points in mind when using the
Restrictions on the Printer Driver
• Depending on the document type to be printed, the paper feed method specified in the printer driver
may not operate correctly.
If this happens, open the
software, and check the setting in the Paper Source field on the Main tab.
• With some applications, the Copies setting in the Page Setup tab of the printer driver may not be
In this case, use the copies setting in the Print dialog box of the application software.
• If the selected Language in the About dialog box of the Maintenance tab does not match the
operating system interface language, the printer driver setup window may not be displayed properly.
• Do not change the Advanced tab items of the printer properties. If you change any of the items, you
will not be able to use the following functions correctly.
Also, if Print to file is selected in the Print dialog box of the application software and with applications
that prohibit EMF spooling, such as Adobe Photoshop LE and MS Photo Editor, the following
functions will not operate.
◦ Preview before printing on the Main tab
◦ Prevention of Print Data Loss in the Print Options dialog box on the Page Setup tab
◦ Page Layout, Tiling/Poster, Booklet, Duplex Printing, Specify Margin..., Print from Last
Page, Collate, and Stamp/Background... (Stamp...) on the Page Setup tab
◦ Print a pattern for color adjustment on the Color Adjustment tab in the Manual Color
Adjustment dialog box
• Since the resolution in the preview display differs from the printing resolution, text and lines in the
preview display may appear different from the actual print result.
• With some applications, the printing is divided into multiple print jobs.
To cancel printing, delete all divided print jobs.
• If image data is not printed correctly, display the Print Options dialog box from the Page Setup tab
and change the setting of Disable ICM required from the application software. This may solve the
• Disable ICM required from the application software cannot be used when the XPS printer
driver is used.
• The card slot of the printer may become inaccessible. In such cases, restart the printer or turn it off
and reconnect the USB cable.
Points to Note About Applications with Restrictions
• There are following restrictions in Microsoft Word (Microsoft Corporation).
◦ When Microsoft Word has the same printing functions as the printer driver, use Word to specify
printer driver setup window
from the Print dialog box of the application