cark112_1en_with_updates150102.fm Page 10 Monday, February 4, 2002 3:25 PM
U s i n g t h e r e m o t e c o n t r o l b u t t o n
2. Using the remote control button
Before using the car kit, make sure that
• the car kit is paired and connected to your phone. For pairing the car
kit, see Taking the car kit into use for the first time on page 8. For
connecting the car kit, see Connecting the paired car kit to your
• the phone's Bluetooth function is on; see the user's guide of your
• the car ignition is turned on
• your phone is within a maximum of 10 meters of the handsfree unit
• there are no obstructions, such as walls, or other electronic devices
between the handsfree unit and the phone.
For using the car kit with several phones, see page 13.
Connecting the paired car kit to your phone
To connect the car kit to your phone, turn on the car ignition or make
the connection in the phone's Bluetooth menu.
Note that turning on the car ignition creates the connection
automatically only if you have set the phone to accept Bluetooth
connection requests without your permission.
For disconnecting the car kit from your phone, see page 12.
Making a call
When the car kit is connected to your phone, make the call by using your
phone in the normal way.
When no call is in progress, press and hold the button until you hear a
tone that indicates that you can say the desired name ("voice tag"). Say
the voice tag. The phone plays the voice tag and dials the related phone