● The device has been disconnected from the power supply.
● The device is open (see Chapter "Opening the device containing expansion cards
● Blanking plates: If the PCIe card to be used has external interfaces, you can use these
blanking plates to install the connectors. You can also use a slot plate with connector
● 1 T10 screwdriver
Observe the directives on handling electrostatic-sensitive components in ESD guideline
1. Remove the screw in the blanking plate
for the slot you require.
2. Remove the retainer.
3. Insert the expansion card into the slot as
Secure the expansion card with the cor-
4. Slide the clamp in the direction indicated.
Secure the clamp with the screw as
5. Close the device as specified in chapter "Opening the device containing expansion cards
Proceed in reverse order.
Operating Instructions, 05/2017, A5E31347215-AB
Expanding and assigning parameters to the device
6.3 Installing and removing PCIe cards