The following checklist help you remedy most problems you may encounter with your unit.
Before going through the checklist below, check the connection and operating procedures.
The contents of the memory
have been erased.
Indications do not appear in
No beep tone.
Playback sound is distorted.
The AMS does not operate
Preset tuning is not possible.
Automatic tuning is not
The "ST" indication flashes.
A SEEK starts after a few
seconds of listening.
No traffic announcements.
PTY displays "NONE."
•Rotate the dial clockwise to adjust the volume.
•Set the fader control to the centre position for 2-speaker
• The power cord or battery has been disconnected.
• The reset button has been pressed.
n Store again into the memory.
Remove the front panel and clean the connectors. See "Cleaning
the connectors" (page 21) for details.
The beep tone is turned off (page 14).
Contamination of the tape head. n Clean the head.
• There is noise in the space between tracks.
• A blank space is too short (less than four seconds).
• + on (SEEK/AMS) is pressed immediately before the
• = on (SEEK/AMS) is pressed immediately after the track
• A long pause, or a passage of low frequencies or very low
sound level is treated as a blank space.
• Store the correct frequency.
• The broadcast is too weak.
The broadcast is too weak.
n Use manual tuning.
• Tune in the frequency correctly.
• The broadcast signal is too weak.
n Set to the monaural mode (page 8).
The station is non-TP or has a weak signal.
n Press (AF/TA) until "AF TA off" appears.
•The station does not broadcast any traffic announcements
despite being TP. n Tune in another station.
The station does not specify the programme type.