Note : Attach NTC magnets for 20M4 to the locations shown in
Install the each magnets up and down.
3-6. Convergence adjustment (1)
1. Input a dot pattern signal.
CONT ... Conspicuous position
BRT ... MIN
2. Align the horizontal R, G, and B dots at the center of the screen
with the H-START YR.
"' When H-CENT is changed after H-STAT adjustment, readjust
H-STAT. (H-STAT will change by means of H-CENT YR.)
3. Align the vertical location of R, G, and B in the center of the
screen with theY-STAT Mg. (Fig.3-l4, 3-15)
After Y-STAT adjustment, paint-lock the knob.
Y-STAT Mg knob
While keeping the angles A and B equal (I
1'), align the verti-
Fig. 3·14 Good example
If the A and B knobs are not symmetrical (I
1'), the focus may
deteriorate, beam striking or other adverse effects may occur.
Fig. 3-15 Bad example
4. For HMC, use the BMC Mg to adjust the R and B dots so that
they will be symmetrical horizontally with respect to the G dot.
Change the opening
degree of the BMC Mg
to control the HMC.
Control the BMC Mg so
that A=A'. Maintain 1=1'
when moving the Mg.
5. For YMC, use the MBC Mg to adjust the R and B dots so that
they will be symmetrical vertically with respect to the G dot.
', Do not change.
For VMC control, turn
knob to the right or left
without changing ther
opening degree of the
Make adjustment so
that the gap will
top and botton.
6. Repeat adjustments 2. to 5.