(4) Places where corrosive or inflammable gas exists.
(5) Places where a large amount of dust, iron powder and other conductive
powder, oil mist, salt or organic solvent exists.
(6) Places exposed to direct sunlight.
(7) Places where a strong electric or magnetic field exists.
(8) Places where mechanical vibrations or impacts are transmitted directly to
the module body.
4.1.3 Precautions relating to the installation of the base unit
The following precautions must be observed when installing a PC to an operation
panel or other bases considering fully the operability, maintainability, and resistance
to the environment.
(1) Unit mounting position
To ensure proper ventilation and make module replacement easy, provide
a clearance of 80mm (3.15in.) or more between the top of the unit and any
surrounding structure or equipment.
Main base unit
Represents the ceiling of panel,
wiring conduit, or component.
Extension base unit
80mm (3.15 in.)