• Seal the cut surfaces with a sealant to
prevent moisture to cause swelling.
• Protect the bottom of the appliance
from steam and moisture.
• Do not install the appliance adjacent
to a door or under a window. This
prevents hot cookware to fall from the
appliance when the door or the
window is opened.
• If the appliance is installed above
drawers make sure that the space,
between the bottom of the appliance
and the upper drawer, is sufficient for
• The bottom of the appliance can get
hot. Make sure to install a non-
combustible separation panel under
the appliance to prevent access to the
• Make sure that the ventilation space
of 2 mm, between the worktop and
the front of the below unit, is free. The
warranty does not cover damages
caused by the lack of an adequate
2.2 Electrical Connection
Risk of fire and electrical
• All electrical connections should be
made by a qualified electrician.
• The appliance must be earthed.
• Before carrying out any operation
make sure that the appliance is
disconnected from the power supply.
• Make sure that the electrical
information on the rating plate agrees
with the power supply. If not, contact
• Make sure the appliance is installed
correctly. Loose and incorrect
electricity mains cable or plug (if
applicable) can make the terminal
become too hot.
• Use the correct electricity mains
• Do not let the electricity mains cable
• Make sure that a shock protection is
• Use the strain relief clamp on the
• Make sure the mains cable or plug (if
applicable) does not touch the hot
appliance or hot cookware, when you
connect the appliance to the near
• Do not use multi-plug adapters and
• Make sure not to cause damage to
the mains plug (if applicable) or to the
mains cable. Contact our Authorised
Service Centre or an electrician to
change a damaged mains cable.
• The shock protection of live and
insulated parts must be fastened in
such a way that it cannot be removed
• Connect the mains plug to the mains
socket only at the end of the
installation. Make sure that there is
access to the mains plug after the
• If the mains socket is loose, do not
connect the mains plug.
• Do not pull the mains cable to
disconnect the appliance. Always pull
the mains plug.
• Use only correct isolation devices: line
protecting cut-outs, fuses (screw type
fuses removed from the holder), earth
leakage trips and contactors.
• The electrical installation must have
an isolation device which lets you
disconnect the appliance from the
mains at all poles. The isolation
device must have a contact opening
width of minimum 3 mm.
Risk of injury, burns and
• Remove all the packaging, labelling
and protective film (if applicable)
before first use.
• Use this appliance in a household
• Do not change the specification of this
• Make sure that the ventilation
openings are not blocked.
• Do not let the appliance stay
unattended during operation.