Product Data - User Manual
Motorola L601 series & L701 series
Do not place your phone in the bathroom or other humid areas.
When choosing a location for your new phone, here are some important guidelines you should consider:
• Avoid sources of noise and heat, such as motors, fluorescent lighting, microwave ovens, heating appliances and
• Avoid areas of excessive dust, moisture and low temperature.
• Avoid other cordless telephones or personal computers.
• Never install telephone wiring during a lightning storm.
• Never install telephone jacks in wet locations unless the jack is specifically designed for wet locations.
• Never touch non-insulated telephone wires or terminals, unless the telephone line has been disconnected at the
• Use caution when installing or modifying telephone lines.
Optimal range is reached when there are no other electrical appliances working within the range area. Any
obstruction between the base and handset will also reduce the range significantly.
When out of range of the corded base, the screen shows OUT OF RANGE. If you are on a call, the line will hang
up. Move back within in range. The cordless handset will automatically re-connect to the corded base.
The base must be plugged into an electrical outlet at all times. Do not connect the telephone line cord into the
telephone wall jack until the handset is fully charged. Only use the adapter and telephone line cord supplied with
WHICH POWER ADAPTER?
The power adapter with the red crystal is for the base unit and the power adapter with the larger pin is for the
charger unit (only for multi-handset packs).
Connecting the base
For L601 series:
This document contains confidential and proprietary information of VTech Telecommunications Ltd
6 of 30