Product Data - User Manual
Motorola L601 series & L701 series
If your product is not working properly...
1. Read this User's Guide.
2. Visit our website: www.motorola.com
3. Contact Customer Service in the US and Canada at 1-888-331-3383.
To order a replacement battery pack contact customer service or visit our website.
Important safety instructions
Follow these safety precautions when using your phone to reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, and injury to
persons or property:
1. Keep all vents and openings of the phone unblocked. Do not set the phone on a heating register or over a
radiator. Ensure that proper ventilation is provided at the installation site.
2. Do not use while wet or while standing in water.
3. Do not use this product near water (for example, near a bath tub, kitchen sink, or swimming pool).
4. Do not allow anything to rest on the power cord. Place the power cord so that it will not be walked on.
5. Never insert objects of any kind into the product vents as that may result in fire or electric shock.
6. Unplug this product from the electrical outlet before cleaning. Do not use liquid cleaners or aerosol cleaners.
Use a damp cloth for cleaning.
7. Do not disassemble this product. If service or repair work is required, contact the customer service helpline
found in this User's Guide.
8. Do not overload wall outlets and extension cords.
9. Avoid using during an electrical storm. Use a surge protector to protect the equipment.
10. Do not use this phone to report a gas leak, especially if you are in the vicinity of the gas line.
To reduce the risk of fire, use only No. 26 AWG or larger UL Listed or CSA Certified Telecommunication Line Cord.
Unplug this cordless phone immediately from an outlet if:
The power cord or plug is damaged or frayed.
Liquid has been spilled on the product.
The product has been exposed to rain or water. Do not retrieve the handset or base until after you have
unplugged the power and phone from the wall. Then retrieve the unit by the unplugged cords.
The product has been dropped or the cabinet has been damaged.
The product exhibits a distinct change in performance.
1. Read all instructions and save them for future reference.
2. Follow all warnings and instructions marked on the product.
3. Do not install this product near a bath tub, sink, or shower.
4. Operate this phone using only the power source that is indicated on the marking label. If you are unsure of the
power supply to your home, consult with your dealer or local power company
Do not place this product on an unstable cart, stand, or table. This product may fall, causing serious damage
to the product.
6. Adjust only those controls that are covered by the operating instructions. Improper adjustment of other controls
may result in damage and will often require extensive work to restore the product to normal operation.
7. Clean this product with a soft, damp cloth. Do not use chemicals or cleaning agents to clean this phone.
8. Use only the power supply that came with this unit. Using other power supplies may damage the unit.
9. Because this phone operates on electricity, you should have at least one phone in your home that operates
without electricity in case of a power outage.
10. To avoid interference to nearby appliances, do not place the base of the phone on or near a TV, microwave
oven, or VCR.
This document contains confidential and proprietary information of VTech Telecommunications Ltd
24 of 30