7. Position the expansion card alongside the slot in which you wish
to install it. Align the rear of the card with the slot in the rear of
the system unit, and, if the card is full length, align the front of
the card with the card guide.
8. Slide the card into the slot ensuring that the card edge connector
engages correctly with the socket on the riser board. Do not
use excessive force.
9. Secure the card by replacing all the screws/clamps that you
removed in Step 5.
10. Connect any necessary signal cables to the card.
11. Check to ensure no other cables or connectors have become
dislodged and replace the system unit cover.
Before you switch on, read the manuals supplied with the card. If
you are certain all is correct, switch on. Your first task if you have
just fitted an ISA card will be to enter the BIOS to register the
settings in the 'ISA Legacy resources' section. See Appendix C 'System
BIOS and set-up'. PCI cards will not need this step.
Follow any other installation requirements, such as the card's own
configuration or installation software.
S Y S T E M E X P A N S I O N