Writing and editing names
The following rules apply when writing names:
• Each key between Q and O is assigned several letters and characters.
• Control the cursor with
• Characters are inserted at the cursor position.
• Press the display key
• The first letter of the name is automatically capitalised and then followed by lower
The characters assigned to the key are shown in a selection line at the bottom
left of the screen. The selected character is highlighted.
• Briefly press the key several times in succession to select the required letter/char-
Setting upper/lower case or digits
Repeatedly press the hash key # to change the text input mode.
Upper case *
* First letter in capitals, all others in lower case
The change of mode is displayed in the middle of the display.
Correcting incorrect entries
You can correct incorrect characters in the input fields by navigating to the incorrect
entry using the control key. You can then:
• Use the display key
• Insert characters at the cursor position
• Overwrite the highlighted (flashing) character e.g., when entering time and date.
to delete the character to the left of the cursor.
to delete the character to the left of the cursor
Using the phone