STEP 1: Remove detergent suction
tube from container and insert into
one gallon of fresh water. Open
detergent mixing valve. Pull trigger
on spray gun and siphon water for
STEP 4: Press trig-
STEP 5: Disconnect the garden
ger to release wa-
hose from the water inlet on the
Measures should be taken to protect your FOCS series
engine if the engine is not operated for a period of 30
days or more. Proper storage will protect the engine
from corrosion and prevent costly repairs due to storage
Storage - 1 to 6 months
1. Start and idle the engine at a no-load condition for
2. Stop the engine, allow the engine to cool enough
to safely drain the oil as shown Re-install the oil
drain plug, then ﬁ ll the crankcase with MIL-L-644-
P9 protectant oil. Fill the fuel tank with a high grade
fuel preservative (add mix) such as STA-BIL per the
3. Start and operate the engine at 3/4 speed for 5-10
4. Stop the engine, allow to cool enough to safely
drain the engine oil as shown. Re-install the oil
5. Reﬁ ll the engine with standard recommended lu-
6. Drain the fuel tank. Remove the fuel ﬁ lter. Install a
new fuel ﬁ lter.
7. Carefully clean all debris from the radiator ﬁ ns.
SHUTTING DOWN AND CLEAN-UP
STEP 2: Turn burner switch off and
continue spraying, allowing water to
cool below 100°F.
To stop engine, turn key to off
9.803-436.0-B • Operator Kärcher HDS Diesel
STEP 3: Turn off water supply.
STEP 6: Disconnect the high
pressure hose from high pres-
sure outlet. Protect from freezing.
8. Remove the intake manifold. Rotate the engine
until the intake valve opens at each cylinder. Using
suitable means, pour approximately 1 tsp. of engine
oil into each cylinder. Rotate the engine several
revolutions. Spray the inside of the intake manifold
with SAE 10 W oil. Replace the intake manifold
using a new gasket.
9. Spray the inside of the exhaust manifold with SAE
10. Cover all openings with tape and apply grease to
any and all unpainted surfaces.
11. Loosen the fan belt before wrapping the engine in
plastic ﬁ lm and storing in a dry place away from
high voltage sources and off the ground.
Storage - In excess of 6 months
Perform the storage preparation procedures approxi-
mately as detailed, except with the following changes.
1. Replace the oil in step 2 above with MIL-L-21260,
grade 2, SAE 30W rustproof oil.
2. Delete steps 5 and 11 above.
3. Coat any and all unpainted surfaces with MIL-C
16173D, grade 3 anti-rust grease.
4. Replace anti-freeze every 2 years.
STEP 7: Engage
t h e s p r ay g u n