3-5. 2-POLE AND 4-POLE MAGNET
3-5-1. Adjustment of 2-pole magnets
1. Receive the Dot signal (1080i/50Hz) from HD/DVD 1 termi-
2. Place the caps on the red and blue lens so that only the green
color is shown.
3. Turn the green focus volume of focus pack counter-clock-
wise, so that diameter of the dot become large.
4. Adjust the 2-pole magnet, counter-clockwise and clockwise
center of the dot doesn't move. (Use focus volume)
5. Center position is changed by 2-pole magnet adjustment.
So, center magnet adjustment and 2-pole magnet adjustment
are needed tracking adjustment.
6. Repeat same adjustment method for red and blue.
Use the center dot
3-5-2. Green, Red, Blue adjustment of 4-pole
1. Turn Grenn focus volume of focus pack clockwise.
2. By using 4 pole magnets make the spot size round.
3. Repeat for red and blue.
4. Turn focus pack counter-clockwise and "Just Focus" red,
green and blue.
3-5-3. Blue left side dot adjustment of 2-pole
1. Turn blue focus volume of focus pack counter-clockwise, so
that diameter of the dot becomes large, and can see bright core
2. Pay attentio to left side dot of the screen. (Fig.3-10)
3. Adjustment 2 pole magnet, so that bright core position of dot
become center position of dot. (Fig.3-11)
Use the center dot
Blue 2 Pole magnet
3-6. BLUE DEFOCUS ADJUSTMENT
1. Receive 1080i/50Hz dot signal from HD/DVD 1 terminal.
2. Set "Hi Fine" and PICTURE 100%, other 50% and white
balance "COOL". (VM OFF)
3. Blue 4 pole : make round in the center of screen.
4. Confirm that center dot focus is adjusted in focus. (Fig.3-12a)
5. Adjust blue electrical focus to make the left side spot nearly
round by minimizing width and height. (Slight overfocus is
6. Confirm that the green to blue spot size is within spec.
Blue center dot height shall be
7. Return making condition data to orignal data.
Blue 2 Defocus
3-7. GREEN, RED AND BLUE FOCUS
3-7-1. Green, Red and Blue lens focus adjustment
1. Input a cross hatch signal into VIDEO 1. (composite video
2. Place a lens cover over red and blue lenses and project only
3. Rotate the green lens and adjust to obtain the best lens focus at
the center area.
4. Fix lens screw.
5. Repeat above process for red and blue.
Adjust Point center
3-7-2. Green and Red electrical focus adjustment
1. Input a cross-hatch signal into VIDEO 1.
2. Project only Green.
3. Rotate the green focus volume on the focus pack and adjust to
obtain the best focus at the center screen.
4. Repeat above process for red.
– 18 –
1.2 times the green dot heght.