3-9 FAN AND FAN MOTOR
1. Remove the freezer shelf. (If your refrigerator has an
icemaker, unplug and remove the icemaker first).
2. Remove the screw of the cover grille fan
3. Remove the grille by pulling it out and by loosening a screw.
4. Remove the Fan Motor assembly by loosening 4 screws and
disassemble the shroud.
5. Pull out the fan and separate the Fan Motor and Bracket.
3-10 DEFROST CONTROL ASSEMBLY
Defrost Control assembly consists of Defrost Sensor and
Defrost sensor functions to defrost automatically. It is
attached to metal side of the Evaporator and senses
Temperature. At the temperature of 162°F(72°C), it stops
the emission of heat from the Heater.
Fuse-M is a safety device for preventing over-heating of
the Heater when defrosting.
1. Pull out the grille assembly. (Figure 41)
2. Separate the connector of the Defrost Control
assembly and replace the Defrost Control assembly
after cutting the Tie Wrap. (Figure 42)
3-11-1 Refrigerator Compartment Lamp
1. Unplug the power cord from the outlet.
2. Remove refrigerator shelves.
3. Release the hooks on both ends of the lamp shield and
pull the shield downward to remove it.
4. Turn the lamp counterclockwise.
5. Assemble in reverse order of disassembly. Replacement
bulb must be the same specification as the original
(Max. 40 W-1EA).
3-12 CONTROL BOX-REFRIGERATOR
1. First, remove all shelves in the refrigerator. Then remove
the Refrigerator Control Box by loosening 2 screws.
2. Remove the Refrigerator Control Box by pulling it
3. Disconnect the lead wire on the right position and
separate the lamp sockets.
- 13 -