Appendix 1 For customers who are replacing the conventional model
with this inverter
Appendix 1-1 Replacement of the FR-E500 series
Instructions for installation
Removal procedure of the front cover was changed.
2) The operation panel cannot be removed from the inverter.
3) Plug-in options of the FR-E500 series are not compatible.
4) Setup software (FR-SW0-SETUP, FR-SW1-SETUP, FR-SW2-SETUP) can not be used.
Instructions for continuous use of the FR-PU04 (parameter unit)
For the FR-E700 series, many functions (parameters) have been added. User initial value list and user
clear of the HELP function can not be used.
For the FR-E700 series, many protective functions have been added. These functions activate, but all
faults are displayed as "Fault 14". When the faults history has been checked, "E.14" appears. Added
faults display will not appear on the parameter unit
3) User initial value setting can not be used.
4) User registration/clear (user group 2) can not be used.
5) Parameter copy/verification function can not be used.
It is easy if you use setup software (FR Configurator SW3).
(Refer to page 5)