Confirming the communication state on the GOT side (For Ethernet
Confirming the communication state on Windows
(1) When using the Command Prompt of Windows
Execute a Ping command at the Command Prompt of Windows
(a) When normal communication
Reply from 192.168.0.18: bytes=32time<1ms TTL=64
(b) When abnormal communication
Request timed out.
(2) When using the [PING Test] of GT Designer3
(3) When abnormal communication
At abnormal communication, check the followings and execute the Ping command again.
• Mounting condition of Ethernet communication unit
• Cable connecting condition
• Confirmation of [Communication Settings]
• IP address of GOT specified by Ping command
Ethernet diagnostics of GX Developer
Ethernet diagnostics of GX Developer is available to a Ping test from the PLC.
For details of Ethernet diagnostics of GX Developer, refer to the following manual.
1 - 46
1. PREPARATORY PROCEDURES FOR MONITORING
1.6 Checking for Normal Monitoring
User's manual of the Ethernet module
, GT Designer3
Specify the [GOT IP Address] of the [PING
Test] and click the [PING Test] button.
The [Test Result] is displayed after the [PING
Test] is finished.
[Connection Test] to display