– Press the Save soft key or the
the assigned Navigation key.
Own Number: displays the number assigned to the SIM card in your
phone. You can change the phone number, but entering another
number prevents you from making or receiving calls on the handset.
You may also add other names and numbers into your phone for easy
Security: The Security feature enables you to restrict the use of your
phone by the others and to restrict the types of calls. Various codes
and passwords are used to protect the features of your phone. The
following options are available. Use the Up or Down Navigation key to
scroll to and set options.
– Lock Phone: when the Phone lock feature is enabled, the phone is
locked and you must enter the 4- to 8-digit phone password each time
the phone is switched on. To change the phone password, see "Change
Phone Password" on page 112. Once the correct password is entered,
you can use the phone until you switch it off. The following options are
• Off: you are not asked to enter the phone password when you
switch on the phone.
• On: you are required to enter the phone password when you
switch on the phone.
– Lock SIM Card: when the Lock SIM Card feature is enabled, your
phone only works with the current SIM. You must enter the lock code to
unlock the SIM so you can use a different SIM card. Once you have
key to save the new application to
entered the lock code, you are asked to confirm your password.
Reenter your password and press the OK soft key.
– Check PIN Code: when the Check PIN Code feature is enabled, you
must enter your PIN each time you switch on the phone. Consequently,
any person who does not have your PIN cannot use your phone without
your approval. The following options are available:
• Off: the phone connects directly to the network when you switch it
• On: you must enter the PIN each time the phone is switched on.
Note: Before disabling the Check PIN Code feature, you must enter your PIN.
– Lock Applications: using this option you can lock various applications.
Once you have locked the contents, you must enter the phone's
password to access the associated menus. The applications options
• Recent Calls
• My Stuff
• Address Book
Changing Your Settings