4. Alignment and Adjustments
4-1-1 Factory Mode
1. Do not attempt these adjustments in the Video
2. The Factory Mode adjustments are necessary
when either the EEPROM (IC902) or the CRT
3. Do not tamper with the "Adjustment" screen
of the Factory Mode menu. This screen is
intended only for factory use.
4-1-2 When EEPROM (IC902) Is Replaced
1. When IC902 is replaced all adjustment data
revert to initial values. It is necessary to
re-program this data.
2. After IC902 is replaced, warm up the TV for
4-2 Factory/Service Mode
4-2-1 Procedure for the "Adjustment" Mode
1. This mode uses the standard remote control.
The Service Mode is activated by entering the
following remote-control sequence :
(2) STAND-BY→ DISPLAY→ MENU→ MUTE
2. The "SERVICE (FACTORY)" message will be
displayed. The Service Mode has four compo-
nents: ADJUST, OPTION and Reset.
3. Access the Adjustment Mode by pressing the
"VOLUME" keys ( Up or Down). The adjust-
ment parameters are listed in the accompany-
ing table, and selected by pressing the CHAN-
NEL keys (
4-1-3 When CRT Is Replaced
1. Make the following adjustments AFTER set-
ting up after setting up purity and conver-
Fail Safe (This adjustment must be the last
2. If the EEPROM or CRT is replaced, set PVA to
40 (factory mode) and set SC as follows.
14 inch : 0
20 inch : 9
21 inch : 9
4. Selection sequences for the all system:
DOWN or UP key:
5. The VOLUME keys increase or decrease the
adjustment values (stored in the
non-volatile memory) when Adjustment Mode
6. Cancel the Adjustment Mode by re-pressing
the "FACTORY" or "Power OFF" keys.
Alignment and Adjustments